I ) General
- Any person who gains access to, and/or uses this web-site (hereafter referred to as "user"), shall be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to comply with the terms and conditions contained in this "Terms of Service" section of the web-site.
- Furthermore, MINDEF Scholarship Centre (MSC) may at any time revise the terms and conditions contained in this "Terms of Service" section of the web-site, and users should therefore periodically view the contents of this section for the updated terms and conditions, which are in place at the time they gain access to, and/or use this web-site. In any case, users will be bound by such terms and conditions, which are in place, at the time they gain access to, and/or use the web-site
A) Accuracy of Information
- MSC maintains this web-site to enhance public access to information about its initiatives and about the Ministry of Defence, Singapore, in general. Our goal is to keep the information on this web-site as timely and as accurate as we possibly can.
- However, while MSC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this web-site, changes to the information contained on this web-site, including changes to data such as names, telephone numbers, etc, would occur on a periodic basis, and it would not be possible for such changes to be reflected on this web-site, until the relevant update to the web-site is carried out. In addition, the information contained on this web-site, including any description of products and services contained herein, may contain inaccuracies or errors.
- Accordingly, MSC, the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) and the Government of Singapore (GOS), do not accept any responsibility, and hereby disclaim all legal liability for any loss or damage, howsoever occasioned and whomsoever caused, which arises out of, or in connection with, any inaccuracy or error appearing on this web-site, whether such inaccuracy or error is caused by any act or omission.
- In particular, any information provided on this web site should not be solely relied on for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions. Users should consult the appropriate professional or expert for specific advice, in respect of their own particular situation or condition.
B) Technical Errors
- It is our goal to minimise any disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on this site may have been created or structured in files or formats which are not error-free, and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems.
- While, we will make reasonable efforts to try to rectify such technical errors if they are brought to our attention, MSC, MINDEF and the GOS, do not accept any responsibility and hereby disclaim all legal liability for any loss or damage, howsoever occasioned and whomsoever caused, which arises from, or in connection with, any technical errors, or with any problems which arises from, or connection with such errors, whether such problems or errors result directly or indirectly from accessing to, or using this site, including any errors or problems which arises from, or in connection with, the access to, or use of, any external web-site which may be linked to this web-site.
C) Viruses and other programs
- MSC, MINDEF and the GOS, do not accept any responsibility, and hereby disclaim all legal liability for any loss or damage caused by, or connected with, viruses, or other programs that may affect, the computer equipment, program or other property of any user who gains access to, or uses, this web-site, including such loss or damage caused by the downloading, reproduction or use of any material, including but not limited to data, text, images, video or audio files/programs, from this web-site, or from any external web-site linked to, or associated with, this web-site.
D) Links to External Web-sites
- MSC provides links to other Internet sites for the convenience of our users. Some of the documents/files/programs on this server may also contain references (or pointers) to information created or maintained by other organisations.
- MSC, MINDEF and the GOS, are not responsible for the availability of, or access to these external sites, nor does MSC, MINDEF or the GOS, accept any responsibility for, and hereby disclaim all legal liability for any loss or damage caused by, or connected with, the contents, including the accuracy, completeness, or relevance of any information, product, or process contained within, or connected with these external web-sites. Neither should the provision of links to these external web-sites be viewed as endorsement of these web-sites by MSC, MINDEF or the GOS.
III) Intellectual Property, Ownership and Rights
- All material displayed on this web-site, including the images of people or places, is either the property of MINDEF/GOS, or has been used with the permission of the rights holder.
- Accordingly, downloading, reproduction or use of such material by any other person, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, unless such downloading, reproduction or use complies with the terms and conditions of use contained within this web-site, and prior consent is obtained from MINDEF (through MSC), and from the relevant rights holder, before such downloading, reproduction or use can be made. Any unauthorised downloading, reproduction or use of such material may also constitute a breach of intellectual property laws including copyright laws and trademark laws.
- MSC maintains this web-site for the information and education of users. As such, users may only download, reproduce or use materials displayed on this site for strictly non-commercial and personal purposes, and users are strictly prohibited from modifying, distributing, re-posting, "framing" or using any materials, including but not limited to text, images, photographs, audio and/or video files/programs, contained herein for any public or commercial purpose including for sale, unless prior written permission is first obtained from MINDEF (through MSC).
- No user shall make use of any material contained within, or associated with this web-site, including, but not limited to, the use of any sign, logo, mark, or domain name associated with MSC, MINDEF or GOS, whether such use be for, or in connection with, another web-site (including use of the materials in, or as, meta-tags in another web-site), or whether such use be in any other form, or through any other means, unless prior written permission is first obtained from MINDEF (through MSC).
- Furthermore, all users must also retain any copyright, trademark and/or other proprietary notice which may be contained within, or which may be associated with the material which is downloaded, reproduced or used.
- MSC welcomes suggestions (email@example.com) on how to improve our home page. However, while we appreciate suggestions made to us, MSC cannot guarantee that suggestions that are received would necessarily be implemented.