a. Master's Degree Programme. Officers attending GKS CSC's Command and Staff Course are eligible to participate in the Full Pay Study Leave (FPSL), starting immediately after CSC.
(1) Phase I. GKS CSC, with Nanyang Technological University (NTU), will co-design and co-teach five NTU-accredited modules. These modules include Leadership in Context, Leadership Development in Organisation, Analysis of Defence and Security Policies, Campaign and War Studies and Military Technology. Officers are to elect a minimum of 2 modules to take for Masters' accreditation.
(2) Phase II. If you meet all the requirements, you will allow to pursue selected Master's Degree Programmes using the academic credits you have obtained during the CSC.
(3) Entry Requirements for Phase II. The minimum entry requirements for the CE Master's Programme are as follows:
(a) Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 or more in the 5 CSC Modules
(b) At least a Bachelor's Degree from a recognised University.
b. UniSIM - SAF Programme. As part of the SAF’s CE initiative, non-graduate SAF personnel can pursue an undergraduate education at UniSIM to upgrade their academic qualification. Apart from the regular undergraduate programmes offered by UniSIM, officers from the SAF may also apply for the undergraduate programmes specially customised to address the CE needs of non-graduate SAF personnel. Under this collaboration, eligible officers can earn up to 40 credit units (cu) from the CSC NTU masters course completed. The graduation requirements are as follows:
(1) For programmes offered at the basic level, officers are required to complete a total of 130 cu to graduate, inclusive of 10 cu of university core courses.
(2) For programmes offered at the honours level, officers are required to complete a total of 170 cu to graduate, inclusive of 10 cu of university core courses.
(3) For programmes offered at both the basic and honours levels, officers will first apply for admission to the basic degree. Subsequently, if officers achieve a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 and above upon completion of their basic degree, they will be invited to enrol in the honours programme.
c. For more information of these programmes, officers may approach Directing Staff or visit the respective universities’ websites:
(1) NTU Master's Programme - http://www.sna.ntu.edu.sg/PROGRAMMES/CEMASTERSPROGRAMME/Pages/default.aspx
(2) UniSIM – SAF Programme - http:/www.unism.edu.sg/programmes/pages/Military-studies.aspx